Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweet Chocolate Goodness

So today I had a sweet tooth and I was desperately wanting something familiar. After a while I decided that I NEEDED CHOCOLATE.  Sweet cravings don't hit me to often, I much prefer savory foods.   Not having a good raw cookbook I decided to just throw some ingredients together and see what I could come up with!  I wasn't disappointed!  I made a chocolate dip that I had with some pineapple and kiwi!

I first took about 3 tablespoons of cacao nibs and put them in the food processor and processed until they were about the size of coffee grinds.  I removed them from the food processor and put them in a zip-lock bag.  I then pitted four dried dated and put them along with 1/4 cup water and one teaspoon fresh lemon juice into the food processor and blended until I had a nice date syrup (great on fruit salad and raw banana ice cream also).  Then I added about 3-4 teaspoons of my ground cacao nibs and processed until everything was evenly distributed. 
After that was done it tasted great, but was a little heavy so I added 1/4 avocado and processed until it looked a little lighter. 

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!



I am sure that there are plenty of similar recipes out there, but as I said I don't have a good raw cookbook and I don't really like looking up recipes online as I often alter them so much that I mind as well just start from scratch!





Other than the recipe the past few days have been hard for me.  I struggle with food texture and I crave dry crunchy foods like chips and crackers constantly.  I have ordered a cheap dehydrator that will be here within the week so I look forward to making some things!  I already have kale in the fridge ready to be dehydrated and some fresh corn off the cob in the freezer waiting to be made into raw corn tortillas and corn chips!


I can't wait!  I think that it will really open up a lot of doors for me to have a dehydrator and will help make my journey easier.  Maybe if things could get a little easier I wouldn't feel like such a failure all the time.  I really struggle with my self esteem.  Being on raw has helped that, but the fact still remains that I hate my body and I don't feel like I look the way that I feel (like my personality doesn't match my body).  Oh well.  In time maybe I can learn to except myself for who I am regardless of how I look.

Maybe I need to remind myself of this more often .. but for now I will just remind all of you to remember that you are RAWsome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought.. do you think that eating the chocolate goodies might have led to the pizza craving? I know for me, if I eat something sugary, then I crave something carbohydrate laden with a vengeance! I might be way off, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :-)

RawDaddy said...

Good thinking! I rarely crave anything. Maybe I didn't eat enough the day before or maybe I didn't eat enough energy providing food!

Post a Comment